Monday, August 25, 2008

Carpe Diem



















Today was the first day back to school for Utah State, and me. Tessa thought I was a little crazy because I kept saying. "Isn't this fun being here?", "What a wonderful environment!" and "I love school and everything about it!" So maybe I' m a little over the top, but that is exactly how I feel about it.

The sky was clear of clouds and the sun just warm enough this morning for me to wish that I had worn my capris and flip-flops. I would have worn them if it hadn't been for the half mile walk that I had to make from where I parked to where my class was.

The campus was full of young, vibrant adults, smiling and rushing to classes. Going to school almost makes me believe that I'm one of them.
I forget until I look in the mirror that I'm twice their age and not so young anymore.

But I don't look in the mirror very closely or very often, so I'll live my dream and live as if I'm one of them.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I am so excited for you that you are going back to school, and really jealous actually! I think you will do so great!

BonnieG said...

Yeah Terry! I'm happy for you that you are back in school. I know you love to learn. Hmmph, that does look like a pretty campus setting.

You look young enough that you will blend in well.

Good-luck.

Mindy said...

I'm sooooo jealous... You think I could fit in a class next semester? Too bad I will never have the luxury of going to USU.

Terry Neff Allen said...

Thanks for the comments. I just finished my first quiz and I actually missed one because I clicked the wrong box by accident, not because I didn't know the answer.Grrr. That always irritates me. I will check my answers next time more carefully!